Working Mission Statement: With an eye on our vision for a healed and transformed world, the mission of the ERUUF Justice Ministry is to live our UU Principles by focusing our energy and resources on key projects that make significant contributions to a more just, equitable, democratic, and sustainable world in and through the love, spirit, service, and actions of our members.
- Co-moderators: Denise Frizzell, Holly Kingdon
- Coordinator, Budgeting: Holly Kingdon and Dennis McGrath
- Coordinator, Planning: Heather Ladd
- Coordinator: Outreach and Engagement: Tom Fletcher
- Area of Concerns Liaisons: See Justice Ministry Action Groups
- Minister, Ex. Officio: Rev. Jacqueline Brett,
Justice Ministry Council Objectives
- To come together in community and support for the work that we do for social, economic, and earth justice.
- To lead discussions of the reasons for social justice work within a faith community, including the spiritual aspects of social justice work.
- To raise awareness among ERUUFians of the objectives, strategies and specific activities of ERUUF Social Justice Action Groups, and to catalyze increased participation in those groups.
- To facilitate the work of, and promote collaboration among ERUUF social justice Action Groups.
- To act as a communication contact between ERUUF and outside social justice groups.
- To assist in leading coordinated responses by ERUUF to acute social justice crises.
- To coordinate ERUUF Social Justice Action Groups’ advocacy for internal resources.