ERUUF COVID-19 Updates
- Published: Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021
This week the spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant has been rapid, and the CDC data show that we’re at “very high risk” in Durham. In light of all this, the CDC, UUA, and others have updated their safety recommendations. We’ve updated ERUUF’s safety policies as of August 29, 2021:
- Programs are outdoor only for adults and children, with the exception of the current OWL class.
- Masks and social distancing for everyone, indoors and outside. No shared food or drink on campus.
- Proof of vaccination is required for all who are in contact with children. (A negative covid test result is not sufficient.)
- Vaccination is strongly encouraged for all who are able to receive it. Proof of vaccination is required for all staff and volunteers who interact with the public. A weekly negative covid test result will be accepted for anyone working only with adults.
- Sunday RE programs at ERUUF for children outside at 9:30 am.
- OWL continues outside (and indoors as needed) late afternoon on Wednesday.
- High School Youth Group is on Sunday (time TBD). Masks and social distancing are required.
- Sunday morning Inquirers Series and Adult classes online only at 9:30 am.
- Sunday worship at 11:00 am will be Livestream only, starting August 29, 2021, until further notice.
- Only a small worship team will be present in the sanctuary.
- No group singing in worship.
- Adult programs and groups that meet at other times will be online or outside only.
ERUUF will return to in-person gatherings just as soon as it’s safely possible. If this recent rise in covid cases has left you hurting mentally, emotionally, or spiritually we encourage you to reach out to someone in your small group, one of the ministers, or the Pastoral Care Team.