Earth & Climate Justice Month: Sustainable Living Fair
Our first Sustainable Living Fair with talks by experts in various domains of sustainable living. Topics include waste reduction, electric vehicle ownership, cohousing, tiny homes, and residential solar power 101. Keynote topic on socially and environmentally responsible investing will be delivered by Pete Krull, CEO & Director of Investments for Earth Advisors located in Asheville, NC. $10 lunch donation requested. Contact: Denise Frizzell, . Please register by Monday, April 22, 2019.
Schedule of Events
9:00 - 9:30: Registration & Networking
9:30 - 10:30 SUSTAINABLE HOUSING
- Co-housing: Alice Alexander, Durham Central Park Cohousing resident and former National Director of Cohousing USA, and Jim McCrae, founding member of Bull City Commons.
- Tiny Homes: Dick Hails, founding member of Small Homes ERUUF
10:30 - 10:45: Break & visit with presenters
10:45 - 11:45: Social & Environmentally Responsible Investing by Pete Krull, CEO & Director of Investments, Earth Equity Advisors (Asheville, NC).
11:45 - 12:30: Plant-based lunch catered by Vimala's Curryblossom Cafe ($10 donation requested)
12:30 - 1:30: WASTE REDUCTION
- Bryant Holsenbeck, author of "The Last Straw: A Continuing Quest for Life without Disposable Plastic"
- Muriel William, Asst of Solid Waste Management, City of Durham
1:30 - 1:45: Break & Visit with presenters
1:45 - 2:45: THE CLEAN ENERGY TRANSITION
- Elective Vehicle Ownership 101 by Clark Slagle, Founder & CEO, The Sustainability League
- Residential Solar 101: Stew Miller, Cofounder and President, Yes Solar Solutions
2:45- 3:00: Wrap up & final visit with presenters
3:00- 3:30: Clean-up!