Campus buildings are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check with your group leader or contact on the calendar listing to see if the group is meeting virtually.
Durham CAN Public Accountability Action
Thu, Sep 19 2019 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Heather Ladd and Dick Hails
Durham CAN Public Accountability Action with residents of the Hoover Road Community and Anthony Scott, CEO, Durham Housing Authority
Join Durham CAN leaders, the residents of the Hoover Road Community, a Durham Housing Authority neighborhood, and Mr Scott in a public accountability action. Mr. Scott has committed to the following:
- Presenting his plan for completing repairs
- Providing mandatory training for all DHA housing staff on HUD, City of Durham and DHA housing standards
- Organizing resident education session(s) re: tenant rights
- Restoring/crediting all eviction court fees charged to all DHA residents in 2018 and 2019 due to DHA error
- Making public commitment and progress report to Hoover Road community
Goal: 10 ERUUF attendees
Learn more about the public accountability action here.