Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is an equal opportunity employer.
Job postings, as they become available, are listed here.
Purpose - The major responsibility of the Pianist is to collaborate with the Director of Music and Lead Minister to develop a worship experience and environment that is strengthened by the connection between worship and music.
1. Provide hymn support and weekly preludes that are consistent with the service topic.
2. Accompany and rehearse with the Eno River Singers (Thursday evenings) and rotating small ensembles that rehearse after the main choir rehearsal on Thursdays.
3. Accompany soloists, instrumentalists, and ensembles for worship and/or special services.
4. Submit information for the bulletins in a timely fashion as determined by the office staff.
5. Play for four special services throughout the year (Music Sunday, Christmas Eve).
6. Accompany and solo at two evening concerts throughout the year.
7. Attend occasional meetings with the Director of Music and Lead Minister to develop and enhance music in worship.
8. Collaborate with staff ministers and other worship leaders as needed.
a. Ability to play a wide variety of musical styles, in both the written and aural tradition.
b. Significant experience in accompanying a high quality amateur choral ensemble. Ability to play parts/sight read.
c. Comfortable as a solo performer.
d. Alignment with Unitarian Universalist values.
e. Performance experience in a worship setting.