Position: Religious Education (R.E.) Assistant
Purpose: The R.E. Assistant’s role is to assist the Director of R.E. in the administration of the children, youth, and family ministries R.E. program. The R.E. Assistant will fulfill duties as needed so that the program is a nurturing, welcoming environment for children, youth, teachers, parents, volunteers, and visitors to the program.
Reports to: Director of Religious Education (D.R.E.)
Work Schedule: Ten hours per week which includes evenings to accommodate volunteer needs, and Sundays, 8:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. The schedule is to be negotiated with the D.R.E.
- Provide technical support for online family chapels, R.E. classes, and parent gatherings
- Communicate with R.E. teachers and volunteers regarding technical support, parent communication, and supplies requests
- Assist with managing online presence through website and social media
- Purchase and prepare supplies requests for classes, volunteers, and R.E. programming
- Record attendance, track visitor guests, registration, database
- Organize supply closets, RE curriculum, and RE library
- Other duties as assigned
- Enthusiasm for Unitarian Universalism and the Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Mission: to transform lives by building a free and inclusive covenantal religious community of spirit, service, justice and love.
- Ability to work remotely and independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Commitment to the work of anti-racism
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to work with people of all ages, cultures, religious perspectives, and identities
- Ability to be flexible and responsiveness to staff, families, and volunteers
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Docs, PowerPoint, Publisher)
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) is a caring, open-minded, and progressive religious community that seeks to make a difference in the larger community. The Fellowship is committed to racial equity and inclusion and to growing as a multicultural community, and seeks candidates that can help us live into that potential.