Partnering with Others
Creating an opportunity for the ERUUF community to practice generosity every other month, ERUUF gives away the collection plate offering from a designated Sunday to an organization aligned with UU values and working for social justice. The Generosity Sunday Committee reviews nominations of potential organizations to select the recipients. In our decisions, we strive to support ERUUF's commitment to increase equality, justice and peace among members of the world community.
ERUUF has been generously participating in Share Your Christmas for nearly 2 decades. For several Sundays leading up to Christmas, Eruufians select cards from a display table and purchase the practical household items listed on the cards. These gifts are given to folks who were once homeless and now are getting their very first apartment. This program has proven to be a major support with helping our Durham citizens get back on their feet.
- Contact Person: Sharon Graffagnino
- Role: Coordinator
- Staff Partner: Rev. Jacqueline Brett, Minister of Congregational Engagement
“Forward Together” is the Unitarian Universalist Justice Ministry of North Carolina–a progressive, faith-based, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to “give life the shape of justice” by
- coordinating and supporting the social justice work of individual UUs and UU congregations in North Carolina,
- building relationships with other groups who are working for social justice, and
- giving voice to our Unitarian Universalist values with respect to important social, economic, environmental, and political issues in North Carolina.
Ways to get involved: