Partnering with Others
“Forward Together” is the Unitarian Universalist Justice Ministry of North Carolina–a progressive, faith-based, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to “give life the shape of justice” by
- coordinating and supporting the social justice work of individual UUs and UU congregations in North Carolina,
- building relationships with other groups who are working for social justice, and
- giving voice to our Unitarian Universalist values with respect to important social, economic, environmental, and political issues in North Carolina.
Ways to get involved:
For 80 years, the UUSC has been advancing UU values by working with justice makers the world over confronting unjust power structures and challenging oppressive policies. From UUSC’s origins in defying the Nazis to the current work of migrant and climate justice, Revs. Morn and Randall will share stories of resilience and courage as we fight for a more just and equitable world.
This month there will be a special collection at ERUUF to support the UU Service Committee.
Find out more about UUSC and it's initiatives here.
Watch ERUUF's worship service led by UUSC's President and CEO the Rev. Mary Katherine Morn below.
ERUUF has been generously participating in Share Your Christmas for nearly 2 decades. For several Sundays leading up to Christmas, Eruufians select cards from a display table and purchase the practical household items listed on the cards. These gifts are given to folks who were once homeless and now are getting their very first apartment. This program has proven to be a major support with helping our Durham citizens get back on their feet.
- Contact Person: Sharon Graffagnino
- Role: Coordinator
- Staff Partner: Rev. Jacqueline Brett, Minister of Congregational Engagement