Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Position: Nursery Childcare Provider
Purpose: Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) welcomes and supports families of all kinds with young children. In order to facilitate the participation of parents in ERUUF services and programming, we provide childcare during all services and additional programming. Our goal is to create a safe and engaging environment for children while their parents or guardians are participating in ERUUF services and activities.
The Nursery Childcare Provider is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and stimulating environment for children 0-4 yrs at the Fellowship. The qualified candidate must possess the ability to work in a progressive liberal religious environment and to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with parents, fellowship members, youth childcare providers, and ERUUF staff.
Reports to: Minister of Lifespan Faith Development (MLFD)
Work Schedule: Sunday mornings from 9:30 am -11:30 am, 2-3 times per month as scheduled. Team is 3-4 Nursery Childcare Providers, 2-3 working each Sunday. Optional hours may become available.
Contact Rev Jim Lewis at if interested.
- Interact with children through games, stories, and play.
- Model healthy communication skills (e.g. Use positive language to direct or redirect children in what the child is being asked to do. Tell the child what s/he can do, rather than what s/he cannot do.)
- Greet parents and children upon arrival, and particularly welcome first time visitors, providing overview of Nursery operation, and allowing parent to remain with the child until comfortable with the setting.
- Ensure that parents sign children in and out of the Nursery and complete Visitor cards as required by registration policy.
- Abide by ERUUF child and youth policies to include Safe Congregation policies (Available on the main page of ERUUF website www.eruuf.org)
- Consult with parents regarding the child’s health history, allergies, and any other concerns regarding the child’s well-being while in the care of the Nursery.
- Keep record of parent’s cell phone numbers and instruct them to leave their phone on vibrate while children are in the Nursery.
- Escort children to bathroom as needed. Diaper changing is not the responsibility of any childcare provider. Contact parent as needed.
- Pick-up toys and clean Nursery space prior to departing. Turn off air conditioner and lights.
- Report concerns, problems, accidents, or suggestions to the Minister of Lifespan Faith Development (or event organizer if other than a Sunday morning) immediately.
- Be flexible and be prepared to support all Religious Education classes when no children are in the nursery.
- Coordinate with groups who may ask for childcare outside of service time (optional hours); this requires you to check your e-mails, texts, or calls throughout the week. (It is required that you provide a response to these requests, whether it’s yes or no.)
- Communicate in a polite, friendly, and courteous way to all children, parents, and Fellowship members.
- Coordinate the care of children with other nursery staff.
- Reliable and punctual
A desire to work with people of all ages, cultures, religious perspectives, and identities.
Possesses the ability to work and interact in a progressive liberal religious environment.
- Able to lift 25 lbs of weight easily.
- Experience in caring for children ages 0-4 yrs.
- Two references, preferably local childcare references.
- Submit to background check.
- Have current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR training or Certification for infants and children, or be willing to complete a CPR course at ERUUF’s expense.
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) is a caring, open-minded, and progressive religious community that seeks to make a difference in the larger community. The Fellowship is committed to racial equity and inclusion and to growing as a multicultural community, and seeks candidates that can help us live into that potential.