As we roll into the new year you may notice a few improvements on campus. In the past two years almost every roof on campus has been replaced, including half the Care bldg. with a metal roof in preparation for a major solar installation this spring (more info coming soon). There is a new system to support composting and recycling at ERUUF on a larger scale (see revised room use guidelines
). There are new low-flow toilets in the Sanctuary bathrooms. Much of the non-routine facilities work is made possible by the Campus Needs Fund which is a result of a special campaign two years ago.
Here is a shout out of appreciation to some the folks responsible for larger projects:
- New waste stations for Fellowship Hall and Care bldg. (Denise Frizzell, Kim Swain, Barbara Welanetz, Shawn Trimble with funding support from the Foundation)
- New doors for rear of Commons Room (Peter Romeyn)
- New window blinds in Rooms 4/5 & 1 (Jean O'Barr)
- Clean gutters (Glen Jackson)
- Tree/limb pruning (Jack Romeyn)
- Redesigned Sanctuary front garden (Beth Harvat, Barbara Beaman, Nancy Henley, Jean O'Barr)
- Clear sidewalks and lawn mowing (Rick Searles, David Scheidt)
- New wall coverings for Fellowship Hall (Peter Romeyn, Ed Hoefle, Steve Edgerton, Karli Rabe)
- New dishwasher in Care bldg. (Chris Egle)
- New chairs/tables for Sanctuary floor (Jean O'Barr, with funding support from Gallery Committee)
- New carpet in Sanctuary, Rooms 4/5 & 3 (Peter Romeyn)
Much appreciation to all the hard work of individuals and teams behind the scenes (Buildings and Grounds Team, Garden Team, Janitorial staff, Office staff) in keeping the campus facilities in good shape. It takes a village of volunteers and staff (and even contractors at times) to make this happen. Thank you!
If you want to join the fun, the Garden Team usually gathers on the second Saturday of every month from 9-12, and the Buildings and Grounds Team could always use an extra hand for upcoming projects. Contact: